All of those 4 or 5 or 6 or under 10 ingredient meals are so alluring. Just think, with a very few items you too can make scrumptious meals. But the ones I’ve tried end up being so blah that its easy to return to (still) simple preparations with a few more ingredients to punch up the flavors. This flavorful buffalo chicken sandwich takes the cake for simple recipes with loads of flavor.
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
(inspired by this recipe)
1/4 cup Franks hot sauce
2 chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2 inch thick “steaks”
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
3 TBS lite mayo (or more as needed)
4 ciabatta rolls, split
1. Combine 2 TBS hot sauce with 1 TBS softened butter, mix and set aside.
2. Combine blue cheese and lite mayo. Set aside.
3. Combine remaining hot sauce with chicken and let marinade while you start up the grill. Grill the chicken about 3 minutes per side and remove from the grill. Pour hot sauce and butter mixture over the chicken.
4. Toast ciabatta rolls lightly on the grill.
5. Schmeer blue cheese mixture on the top of each roll, then assemble sandwiches with chicken, lettuce, tomato, and onion.
- Lite mayonnaise tends to be a bit sweet. I’ll try this with light sour cream next time around.
- Our whole family loves hot wings, so the chicken was a big hit. And since each person can choose their own veggies on the sandwich, everyone gets a perfect sandwich.